Ukwa-ngwa Youth Vanguard Advises Peter Obi To Be Neutral In Abia Governorship Election In Line With Earlier Agreement, Says His Scheduled Visit To Aba Tomorrow Is Divisive, Provocative
Ukwa-Ngwa Youths Vanguard, a socio-cultural organization of youths from the nine LGAs of Ukwa-Ngwa land in Abia State after an emergency national working committee meeting held in Aba, Abia State on the state of affairs in Abia State regarding the forthcoming Governorship Election resolved as follows:
- Youths of the great Ukwa-Ngwa nation salute the Labour Party, LP Presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi for making them proud by putting up a sterling performance in the just concluded presidential election. Even though he ran as a Pan -Nigerian candidate, we are proud of him as an Igbo son and thank Nigerians for obediently voting for him despite the electoral robbery we witnessed with INEC’s apparent complicity.
- We urge him to go all out and recover his stolen mandate, by all appropriate and legal means.
- However, as the owners of Aba-Ngwa (Enyimba City), we advise him to shelve his visit to Aba, our domain, scheduled for tomorrow, 16th March 2023.
- From our investigations, he is coming to campaign for Alex Otti, the LP Governorship candidate and it will be deemed by us as divisive and highly provocative.
- Regardless of party differences, we all voted for him during the presidential election. As such, the votes he got in Ukwa- Ngwa land and across Abia State was certainly not from only LP members.
- He has done enough to campaign for Otti and should allow Ndi Abia to decide who to vote for based on competence, credibility, and capacity, regardless of party affiliation.
- His coming to Aba tomorrow against our advice will be very provocative and divisive.
- Rather, he should go to Port Harcourt, Rivers State where the State Governor, Nyesom Wike brutally and violently robbed him of his electoral victory, not Aba, where our brother, Okezie Ikpeazu gave him total support in all ramifications to the extent of foregoing his senatorial ambition when he had the opportunity of applying the “Wike Style”.
Mazi Enyianyi Bright
National President, Ukwa-Ngwa Youth Vanguard
Hon Nwankwo Chukwudi
National Secretary, Ukwa-Ngwa Youth Vanguard