In the spirit of this Pascaltide, Ohanaeze Ndigbo felicitates with Ndigbo worldwide, wishing all the peace that comes with Christ’s glorious resurrection.
Through the power of the Risen Messiah
- We urge Ndigbo to “Fear not” since He that is with us is greater than he that is against us. In this season of Igbophobic attacks in Lagos, long after the elections, Ndigbo shall not leave Lagos for anybody or any reason, regardless of the amount of threats of attacks and further arson, including the threat to seize/confiscate their houses from the Lagos Traditional stool, especially by those who ought to protect them, we must remain strong, vigilant and resolute in line with the Igbo adage, “Oke anaghị eri ihe onye mụ anya”.
- In line with Igbo ethos, especially “Onye aghala nwanne ya”, we urge Ndigbo in Lagos to be their brother’s keeper by not abandoning the Eze Igbo of Ajao Estate, Lagos whose only offence was to speak “hoo!haa!” by voicing out the frustrations his Igbo kiths and kin were passing through in Lagos with their lives and businesses under continued and well orchestrated attacks by terrorists. How can our Igbo SANs, lawyers and activists, especially the Olisa Agbakobas be calm while the man who carried their cross illegally stays on in detention without being released or charged to court?.
- Ndigbo should remain wherever they are and participate effectively in the forthcoming National census *
- The National Population Commission, NPC must include religion and ethnicity as part of the data to be captured during the enumeration since it is in line with the wishes of majority of Nigerians today who appreciate the importance of such data in our National life.
- Ndigbo should resolutely support the Labour Party,LP Presidential candidate, Mr Peter Obi in recovering his mandate through legal instruments and we commend Nigerians, of all ages, from across the country, who have continued to support him as he strives to reclaim his Pan-Nigerian mandate in order to move our beloved Nigeria “from consumption to production”
- All stakeholders in the security of Ala-Igbo including our Governors, traditional rulers, Bishops/religious leaders, and most importantly, non state actors such as IPOB, MASSOB, ESN, UGM, etc to work together to end insecurity in our homeland.
- Finally, Ohaneze Ndigbo calls on President Muhammadu Buhari for the unconditional release of the incacerated IPOB Leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu as a parting gift to Nigerians. Surely, if Boko Haram terrorists, who took up arms against the Nigerian state can be pardoned and rehabilitated, releasing the IPOB leader is not too much to ask for.
READ ALSO PDP presidential primary: Peterside congratulates Atiku, laments Wike's waste of N30bn of Rivers' money
Ndigbo and Nigerians
Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro
Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide